This kid is on fire and I say kid with the upmost respect because he is only 24 years old. Let me just recap the year he has had so far:
- Wins the SBS Tournament of Champions – 1.22 million
- Wins the Sony Open in Hawaii –1.08 million
- Wins the US OPEN – 1.89 million
- Wins the Dell Technologies Championship – 1.575 million
- Wins the THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES – 1.665 million
- Total prize money in 2017 – over $9 million plus Fed Ex Cup Winner – $10 million
What is it like to almost win $20 million USD in one year? I am sure it feels pretty special and he has two months left to close out 2017 but after the year he has had I am sure he can take the rest of the year off.
When he was 14 he met another golfer called Jordan Speith (former world number 1) and they have been best friends ever since. Through their junior career they were always competing against each other always trying to win tournaments but have remained closer ever since. 10 years on they are 2 of the best golfers in the world and when they are not trying to beat each other in a golf tournament they are going on holidays together.
Here are some fun facts about Justin Thomas:
- Son of Mike and Jani Thomas, he became the eighth son of a PGA of America Professional to win the PGA Championship. Mike is a PGA professional at Harmony Landing in Louisville, KY, while Justin's grandfather, Paul, was a 60-year member of the PGA of America.
- His motto is "No excuses. Play like a champion."
- Not many people know he can do a hand stand.
- He made history at Honolulu's Waialae Country Club, becoming just the seventh player to post a round of 59 in a PGA Tour event.
- Avid shoe collector.
- Twitter name is @justinthomas34.
With a stellar 2017 performance look out for Justin Thomas in 2018 as he is sure to be up on the leader boards.