With his son Regan on his bag, Stewart Cink wins the Safeway Open. This was the 47 year old first win in 11 years and after the round he said to do it with his son on the bag was a special moment.
Cink shot back to back rounds of 65 to win the tournament by 2 shots over Harry Higgs to claim his first PGA Tour win in 4 704 days.
His last win was at The Open Championship back in 2009 when he beat 59 year old Tom Watson in a four-hole playoff.
On the front nine Cink converted four short birdie putts before rolling in a 20-footer on the 11th. Despite being 47 years old, Cink was able to average 288.6 metres (315.6 yards) off the tee and took a lot of pressure off by hitting 61 of 72 greens in regulation for an 84.72 percent clip.
What Stewart Cink had in the bag at the 2020 Safeway Open:
- Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
- Driver: Ping G410 LST (Graphite Design Tour AD XC), 10.5 degrees
- 3-wood: Ping G410, 13.5 degrees
- 7-wood: Ping G410, 20.5 degrees
- Irons (4-iron through gap wedge): Ping i210
- Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 (58, 60 degrees)
- Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch