Back To News Stories
By : Titleist Media Center
New Tour-Inspired Blade and Mid-Mallet Designs Provide Pure Performance, Solid Milled Feel
The new Scotty Cameron Special Select putter line blends timeless designs with modern craftsmanship to deliver pure tour-validated performance in eight new blade and mid-mallet setups precision milled in the USA.
Available March 27 in Australian and New Zealand golf shops, Special Select putters are inspired by the classic, solid milled designs that Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron has crafted for tour players around the world – featuring sleeker putter head profiles with thinner and flatter toplines, refined neck configurations, soft tri-soles and performance balanced weighting.
Each Special Select putter has been completely reworked, including Scotty’s classic Newport, Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 blade styles. A refined Del Mar joins the new Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet models.
QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON
“I’m always inspired by the putters that result from working directly with the best players in the world,” Cameron said. “With Special Select, I wanted to get back to the pure-milled shapes and faces that I’ve been crafting for tour players for over two decades now. We’ve brought those designs into the modern era with new setups, necks, faces, grips and weights. Every aspect of every putter has been redone. When it all came together, it was pretty special.”
SPECIAL SELECT PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Special Select putters are meticulously crafted to provide pure performance and feel through the following key features:
• TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Sleeker putter head profiles with thinner, flatter toplines deliver confidence inspiring looks preferred by tour professionals.
• SOLID MILLED STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Every Special Select is milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
• SOFT TRI-SOLE DESIGN: Special Select blade models are milled with a tour-inspired soft tri-sole design. This self-soling feature promotes a proper setup at address while providing a stable, aesthetically pleasing view of the topline from the moment the putter is placed on the green.
• PERFORMANCE BALANCED WEIGHTING: New performance balanced weighting expands on the use of Scotty’s interchangeable, customizable sole weights to tune the performance and feel of putters at all lengths. By directing more weight to the heel and toe, the sweet spot is enlarged and stability is enhanced back and through the stroke without compromising feel or each model’s unique toe flow properties. The blades come equipped with new tungsten sole weights, which allow for ultra-sleek, tour-validated shapes with larger sweet spots. The mid-mallets employ stainless steel sole weights for optimal balance and weight distribution.
• REFINED NECK CONFIGURATIONS: Each Special Select putter neck style has been revamped based on an intense and deliberate study in neck configurations. Newport, Newport 2 and Squareback 2 feature a slightly shorter plumbing neck for medium toe flow, with a newly-defined socket radius subtly repositioned with onset to provide clearer visibility of the leading edge at address. The Newport 2.5 and Fastback 1.5 each have a refined, toe flow-promoting small slant neck, while the rounded Flowback 5.5 comes with a new slantback neck for similar strokes. The heel-shafted Del Mar’s flow neck is designed for maximum toe flow. The GOLO-inspired Flowback 5 limits toe flow with a more traditional mid-bend, shaft-over-spud setup.
SPECIAL SELECT MODELS
The Special Select line offers golfers the choice of three blade models and five mid-mallet options developed for every stroke style.
• Newport, Newport 2, Newport 2.5 models feature an insert-free, solid milled 303 stainless steel putter head with performance balanced tungsten sole weighting for a larger sweet spot and increased stability. Flatter and thinner toplines, milled flange sight lines, soft tri-soles and redesigned plumbing (Newport, Newport 2) and small slant (Newport 2.5) neck styles round out these timeless blade designs.
• A classic name returns with the new Special Select Del Mar in an updated heel-shafted, compact mallet model. Precision milled from solid 303 stainless steel, the new Del Mar features refined concave flange contours and a narrower, flatter topline for a player-preferred look at address, and customizable stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed Del Mar is also available.
• New Special Select Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet putters combine 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plates for optimal weight distribution with solid milled faces and interchangeable stainless steel sole weights. Each has a specific neck style – Fastback 1.5 (small slant), Squareback 2 (plumbing), Flowback (mid-bend shaft-over-spud) and Flowback 5.5 (slantback) – to facilitate better leading edge visibility from address, as well as desired toe flow properties.
ACCESSORIES: Each Special Select putter is accessorized with a new Pistolini Plus grip in cement gray with distinctive white lettering that retains the Pistolini shape with a slightly built up lower hand profile. This new grip complements an elegantly embroidered, red abrasion-resistant Special Select headcover with superior wear characteristics.
REFINED AESTHETICS: Scotty gave the Special Select line’s raw stainless steel finish a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. Additionally, Scotty’s signature three red dot pattern on the back cavity has a new look. Each dot has been milled with a recessed circular channel, polished and then hand-painted with cherry red translucent paint, creating a striking new “cherry rings” feature.