MyGolf is Australia’s national junior introductory program to develop and promote participation in golf. A 10 week introductory program to the sport, the MyGolf program is designed for 5 to 12 year olds and is the major driver of junior golf participation in Australia.
Through the MyGolf program, we aim to increase participation and engagement in golf by children, and provide a fun, accessible and satisfying introduction to the sport of golf by promoting skills development, as well as the social and fun aspects of the sport, to the wider community.
For more information on the MyGolf Junior Program please click here
Information for Parents
Run at golf clubs and facilities across Australia and delivered by accredited PGA of Australia Members and Golf Australia Community Instructors, the MyGolf program is a structured introductory program to the sport of golf for children endorsed by both Golf Australia and the PGA of Australia.
There are three levels of the MyGolf Program:
- Rookie: Try Golf (5-7 years old)
- Star: Learn the Skill (8-10 years old)
- Master: Prepare to Play (11-12 years old)
There are a few simple program philosophies that the MyGolf program has been based around:
Above all, it’s imperative that any activity is fun and engaging for juniors to keep them involved and excited about golf. Juniors, particularly at the introductory level, are looking for fun with their friends and therefore that is the platform for which MyGolf has been based.
Children are introduced to valuable life skills throughout the program that will not only assist them on the course but also in everyday life. Each level of the program focuses on developing two specific skills such as respect, sportsmanship and perseverance.
Using games is the best way for juniors to learn and develop skills while still having fun. The MyGolf program encourages learning through fun, team-based, inclusive games and activities which allow for skill repetition and progression.
The essence of the program is for juniors to enjoy golf and learn and develop new motor and life skills along the way. It’s important from the outset, regardless of age or ability, that we enforce the idea that golf is simple and easy to understand. In essence, there is one swing in golf that can be shortened or lengthened to make the ball travel different distances.
MyGolf participants will have the opportunity to receive a fantastic participant pack containing:
- PVC Golf Ball
- Drawstring Backpack
- MyGolf Cap
Information for Coordinators
There are many benefits for clubs, facilities and PGA Members across Australia, in becoming an official MyGolf centre. Some of these benefits include:
- Sustainable financial model
- To be recognised as a facility that is running Australia’s national junior program administered by Golf Australia and the PGA of Australia
- Provides a highly developed program structure to follow
- Promote the Centre for free via the MyGolf website
- Increase in the number of juniors which can lead to an increase in the number of club members
- Access to extensive resources and equipment
- Flexible program framework to suit the Centre
- Juniors will be directed to Centres via the MyGolf web site
- Opportunity to engage with parents and other family members who can become future golf participants at your facility
- Participants receive an enrolment pack
- Opportunity to link with national, state, territory and foundation events
- Ongoing support and assistance from Golf Australia and the PGA of Australia
Three key minimum requirements to become a MyGolf Centre exist:
1.) All deliverers and volunteers associated with your MyGolf program must have passed through your State/Territory's Working With Children Check procedures.
2.) The minimum deliverer accreditation level required to deliver the MyGolf program is the MyGolf Club Community Instructor (from July, 2015).
For more information for coordinators on insurance and conditions please click here