It is important to us, that you feel secure in your engagement with BGA Pro Shop (23 282 616 288). A copy of this policy is on our website www.bgaproshop.com.au or you can request a copy by contacting us via our website.
We are committed to high standards of conduct in all our business activities, which includes protecting your privacy in accordance with the applicable privacy law. This policy describes how we will manage your personal information in an open, transparent, and lawful way.
1. What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. You generally have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, however in some instances this may prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, for an example where you place an order for products online.
The types of personal information we collect and use information depending on your interaction and transactions with us, including
General: What we collect
General: How we collect
- Contact name and details
- Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
- Delivery address or collection details
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Certain departments may request sensitive information such as skin type in cosmetics or size details in intimate apparel, in order to provide you with products or services
- Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, user and system preferences, device type etc
- transaction, product, services and activity details of purchases, preferences and interactions
- Details regarding participation in BGA Pro Shop or Club BGA activities and programs operated from time to time
Club BGA Membership, Loyalty or Similar
- When you attend a BGA Pro Shop store or when you use or visit the BGA Pro Shop website and related websites (ie BGA Microsites, BGA eBay store), social media platforms or similar.
- Make a purchase or place an order
- Setup a Club BGA account, subscribe to our newsletter or to engage with BGA via our website or other platforms
- Transact including making a non‐cash payment, or request a service where we collect Personal Information such as pre-orders, lay-by etc
- Leave products for assessment or repair
- Attend a BGA functions or events
- Enter a competition or complete a survey
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback
- Participate in a promotion, competition, or survey
- You are involved in an incident
- When you join a mailing list
- Post a review, rating or comment on our website or social media page, or other user generated content on one of our websites or Apps
Club BGA & Loyalty: How we collect
- Membership details including your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, country and any other information you provide as part of your application or registration
- Transaction details including what you purchased, payment information, where you shopped and your product preferences
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Name and email address of reward or gift card recipients
- when you join or use the Club BGA Rewards Program
- when an Additional Cardholder nominated by you is added to your account or uses the Club BGA Program
- when you shop with or engage with a BGA Partner, Affiliate or seller
- when you use or visit BGA’s websites, social media, other platforms or Apps
- when you share a digital reward or gift card. By sharing the reward card or gift card, you acknowledge that you have the consent of that person to provide their name and email address to BGA Pro Shop
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
1.1 Collection of personal information by third parties
We may also collect personal information from third parties including public sources, Information service providers, providers who administer BGA products and services.
Where you provide personal information to our approved third parties, we may use this information to update and correct your details.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details or by updating your account details by signing in.
Information is automatically collected through your use of the BGA websites, Apps, electronic communications, through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites or Apps may place on your computer or device. Generally, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to gain statistical information about your usage behaviour and data to allow BGA to customise a user's engagement with us and from us to them. The information is used and disclosed by BGA for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist BGA to improve the functionality and usability of the website and our Apps.
2. Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to provide, administer, improve and personalise our products and services, and to support our business functions, including:
3. Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out
- to manage and work with our service providers to fulfil your request for products and services such as processing transactions and payments, delivering products and services, providing refunds and discounts
- to provide you with products and services
- to improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
- to register and service your account, including your online account and keeping your information up‐to‐date, and verifying your identity.
- to communicate with you and perform research and statistical analysis, such as customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes, tailor products and promotional offers to you, usage behaviour and user experience for online and digital platforms to improve functionality and usability. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties, partners and sellers that you have consented to share your information with
- to conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect BGA’s interests including protection of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- to respond to your query, feedback or concerns
- responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
- general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
By providing your address, email address and contact number to BGA or its related parties and partners, you consent to BGA contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and otherwise. You may prefer to provide to us your personal email address or mobile number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
If we send you direct marketing or send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, withdraw your consent or opt-out by contacting our team by phone on 1300 BGA PRO (242 776) or via email email@example.com
or by selecting any available opt-out option listed on the communication platform.
Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
4. Sharing your personal information
We work with a number of suppliers that provide us with services to fulfil your request or carry out specific functions on our behalf, including:
- contracted or approved third party service providers or contractors to provide you with products or services requested by you or may be of interest to you, to process your payment, to communicate offers and promotions to you, and for product development and product, service and market research
- our loyalty program partners, suppliers and service providers
- approved technology services including application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and to analyse data
- retail brands, suppliers and sellers who provide products and services within our stores, online platforms, and where products and services are provided on our behalf
- business advisors, including lawyers, accountants, insurance, recruitment advisors and agencies, auditors or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena and fraud management
5. Protection of personal information
Personal information we hold can be in electronic or hard copy form, both onsite at a BGA premises or with our trusted service provider. Any trusted service provider must observe and meet our information security requirements to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or unapproved alteration of, personal information.
In addition we have a number of security controls in place and use a range of resources, process and technology controls to protect your personal information. For an example all Team Members are required and bound by internal information security policies including limiting and controlling access to systems that hold personal information.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online. You disclose that information at your own risk. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential, access is limited and encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and log out after use. If you become aware of unauthorised access, please let us know as soon as practicable.
5.1 Third party sites
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. Links to third party sites that are not operated or controlled by BGA are provided for your convenience. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, you are leaving BGA and any personal information you provide will not be covered by this Policy and BGA is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information to them.
6. Access and Correction
If you would like access to personal information we hold about you, please contact our team on the provided contact details. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information subject to some exceptions permitted by law. When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. A record of the changes made to your personal information may be noted in your account or filing. You acknowledge that there may be circumstances where BGA is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness and reserves the right to not correct personal information, where permitted under relevant laws.
7. Complaints or Questions
Mail: BGAPS Pty Ltd
Factory 1, 57-59 Cameron St,
CRANBOURNE, VIC, AUSTRALIA 3977
We may ask you to submit your complaint in writing. We may discuss and share your complaint with our staff and our service providers and others as required and appropriate.
All complaints will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.
8. Updates to this Policy
For information about privacy generally, you may visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated 22nd April 2020